appa are expanding its language services and are looking to recruit a number of in-house part-time/full time BSL CSW’s, TSLI and RSLI.
We have a well-established company, committed to providing a high quality of service. You will be joining a thriving, friendly and professional team of Interpreters, within a company that offers an eventful, interesting and committed working environment.
You will benefit from the policies, procedures and CPD training.
A range of interpreting assignments for medical/health appointments, working with various professionals and the local community.
If you are interested in expanding your skill set, additional roles within the company may be incorporated into this position.
CSWs, TSLIs and RSLIs needed
FOR ANY CSWs, TSLIs and RSLIs:
If you are planning to develop your skills and qualification, appa will offer you as part of your contract (with adjusted rates + time commitment) a placement onto a professional development path to study towards becoming a Qualified Sign Language Interpreter (Signature accredited). As part of your work you will be assigned a qualified assessor, and training to enable your journey within this qualification.
Please note to confirm interest in this option when applying for an in-house role as this changes the format of the interview.
Established in 2005, we are committed to providing a high quality of service to our clients and a supportive work culture to our staff.
When you join us, you will be joining a thriving, friendly and professional team of Interpreters, within a company that offers an eventful, interesting and committed working environment.
You will, with the support of your managers work a range of interpreting assignments from office support, medical/health appointments, working with a variety of professionals and the local community.
And for those of you who are interested in expanding your skill set, additional roles within the company may be incorporated into this position to keep you growing professionally and give you longevity in the industry.
When you work for appa you will need to commit to the following:
- Build and protect our unique team through teamwork.
- To adhere to the appa code of conduct for Sign Language Interpreters.
- Preserving positive working relations with our clients and external organisations.
- To contribute in the marketing and promotion of appa services.
- Being flexible to travel within the area of operations.
- Interpreting experience in various domains.
- You need be flexible in your approach, committed and ability to work independently.
- To be part of a professional, supportive team and playing a key role in the future development of appa me services.
Please contact us to express interest or if you have any questions.
Salary will be sent with application pack (Scale dependent on qualifications, experience and if Training Program is of interest)
Applicants’ mandatory requirements:
CSW, TSLI or RSLI
- Be part of a multicultural team and deliver a professional, specialist and individual. service to members of the public and appa clients.
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Promoting and demonstrating teamwork.
- Preserving and strengthening complete communication.
- Build and protect our unique team.
- To adhere to the appa code of conduct for Interpreters.
- Achieve appa expectations in terms of commitment to core values, quality and professional service.
- Preserving positive working relations with external organisations.
- To contribute to the marketing and promoting of appa services.
- Reliability, enthusiasm and good team skills are essential.
- Flexible, travel within the area of operations.
- Interpreting experience in various domains.
- Registered or eligible to register with NRCPD or RBSLI.
- Necessary skills to provide interpreting services in a variety of domains.
- You need to be flexible in your approach, committed and able to work independently.
- To be part of a professional, supportive team and play a key role in the future development of appa me services.
Admin Support Assistant - (Canterbury)
appa are seeking a Support Admin Worker who can also turn their hand to General House Keeping work.
We are looking for people who will make a real difference to the lives of our independent but disabled clients.
The right candidate will be conscientious and committed to delivering a high quality, person-centred service.
Some of your daily duties will include:
- Admin General
- General Inter-office Communication
- House Keeping
- House Work
- Some Occasions escorting the client to the cinema or theatre
Experience is not necessary as we support our staff with excellent training opportunities. It is equally important for us that you are approachable, caring and compassionate. In return for your passion & commitment, we offer some excellent benefits including:
- Free quality training
- Career progression
- Enhanced DBS check
You must have good time management and punctuality to be successful in this role.
Job Types: Full-time/ Part-time, Permanent
Days: Monday – Friday
Salary: From £8.91 per hour
If you’re interested in this role, or want to find out more get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
Or download the details here.
Great opportunity, come and join us!
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact us. Salary
will be sent with application pack
(Scale dependent on qualifications and experience)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 0330 9999 111
M: 07540 413 114