Do you know about the Disabled Persons Railcard? It provides great travel discounts for you and a companion.
If you have a disability, for £20 a year you could get yourself a Disabled Persons Railcard. This entitles you to 1/3 off adult rail fares for travel on the National Rail network in Great Britain. It also gets you discounts on London travel using PAYG Oyster cards.
If you’re travelling with another adult they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare. So you can save money for a friend, family member, career, PA etc. There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day.
Disabled Persons Railcard holders can also register their Railcard discount onto an Oyster card. Again you will get 1/3 off Oyster pay as you go single fares and daily caps on London Travel services.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
Check out the benefits of a Disabled Persons Railcard at their website.