NRCPD Approved CPD For BSL Interpreters
About Our CPD Courses
Accreditation is an important factor in working as a professional BSL Interpreter. It shows that you are actively developing and honing your skills and keeping up developments. The main accreditation body for BSL Interpreters is the NRCPD.
At our offices in Lewisham, South East London we provide structured CPD training for BSL interpreters that is NRCPD approved. NRCPD regulations require 24 hours of CPD activity per year, 12 hours of which are to be structured CPD.
These are proper active teaching sessions with back and forth, and feedback. None of that pre-recorded video of reading a powerslide. We take professional development seriously, and we hold ourselves to high standards of training quality.
You will not get a better CPD experience elsewhere!
|13th Mar 2021, 10:00 –16:00||Elephants in the Room: Loss and Equivalence in Interpreting||Darren Towsend-Handscomb RSLI, Trainer and Mentor||The session will give participants an understanding of:
· Interpreting as a loss process.
· Explore the concept of equivalence when interpreting.
· What loss and equivalence mean for interpreting, and your individual practice as an interpreter.
· Opportunity to participate in exercises relevant to these concepts, exercises that can be continued at home.
Elephants in the room
Equivalencies and interpreting as a loss process.
This very interactive workshop will be an exploration of some fundamental truths about interpreting, and what this means for interpreting and our individual practice as an interpreter. Whilst equivalencies and loss are key underlying principles, these don’t seem to be discussed or understood enough in our profession, to the detriment of our professional practice and confidence. We’ll discuss the idea of interpreting as a loss process, and the nature of equivalence. And then explore the impact of these in practice through exercises.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the workshop you will have:
· Understood what it means that interpreting is a loss process.
· Explored the concept of equivalence when interpreting.
· Considered what loss and equivalence means for interpreting, and your individual practice as an interpreter.
· Had the opportunity to participate in exercises relevant to these concepts, exercises that can be continued at home
Covid Lockdown Considerations
Currently all CPD courses will be remote via Zoom.
Please note: These are LIVE interactive sessions with active participation and feedback. No watching pre-recorded videos of someone reading out a Powerpoint!
Please click the Apply button to access our Course Application Form. You can fill it out and submit it online, we’ll then reply with your invoice and a payment link.
To apply please use the buttons to either apply directly or to contact us first. Please, please leave us your phone number. We PROMISE to only use it for dealing with this enquiry and that we will not share or spam it. Experience has shown us that email is so prone to spam that our emails often get filtered out and lost.