12 MONTH PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The NRCPD regulated training programme states a minimum amount of contact is once every 3 months. At appa we offer;
- 8 1to1 sessions, held at least 1 month apart.
- Monthly contact by email, skype or phone.
Approved Development Plans
You will be undertaking an NRCPD approved development plan that will be tailored to you as an individual. When you apply we can discuss an outline and flesh it in the individual development plan and registration session.
Record of Progress/Portfolio
Your record of experience as an appa trainee will include:
- Records of all meetings between you and the supervisor.
- Records of your progress against your planned targets in your approved development plan.
- Records of the your assessments against the Trainee Sign Language Interpreter Standards
- Dates, subjects and notes on all 1to1 meetings and agreed monthly contacts
You are welcome to take a break from training or practise, remember to inform your supervisor. However a break of longer than 3 months will require reassessment which will use one of your 8 1to1 sessions